As a Systems Engineer/ Database Administrator, you will work within the Service Operations team as a subject matter expert and escalation point who are responsible for IT Services across five geographically separated sites. You will be responsible to perform a variety of level 3 BAU activities to deliver services across specific ITIL processes including Incident Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management, Capacity Management, Change Management and Release Management. This includes applying your analytical, troubleshooting & specialised technical expertise to investigate, isolate and resolve systems related incidents, identify root cause and undertake ensuing problem management activities. You will also be required to implement complex, business critical changes within a structured change management framework and perform release management and configuration management tasks in line with an ITIL compliant operations delivery structure.
You will need to demonstrate a high level of commitment, initiative and ability to work alone and in a team environment. You should be a motivated self-starter with proven abilities to get the job done and possess excellent communication skills with a proactive can-do attitude and a willingness to learn.
You will be required to participate in the on-call roster on a rotational basis to support the business outside of normal business hours as required.
Main Duties include:
- Engineering solutions to improve and automate infrastructure and platforms
- The administration of a wide range of systems, based on a variety of operating systems and platforms
- The migration of corporate systems from on-premises platforms to cloud/hosted platforms
- The administration of a variety of database systems
- Working within an Agile environment to deliver both software and platform solutions
- Establish and maintain procedures such as development processes, source control and documentation standards
- Liaise with Service Operations Team Leader regarding potential problems across all Business Streams
- Incident investigations, diagnosis and resolution using proven methodologies, providing 3rd level remote technical support, troubleshooting and root cause analysis relating to application, product and system incidents to ensure contracted SLAs are met
- Perform trend analysis and proactive problem management
- Maintenance and changes to platforms, systems and infrastructure
Key Skills, Personality Traits and Requirements:
- At least 3 years of experience administering enterprise systems based on Windows or Linux
- A proven record or engineering platform/infrastructure solutions to meet customer requirements
- Interest or experience in working with Cloud platform providers, primarily AWS.
- Experience working with, or setting up CI/CD pipelines
- A solid understanding of ITIL fundamentals
- An ability to work well within a team environment, whilst also being able to resolve issues individually when required
- Technical excellence.
- A passion for technology
- Accountability to the team in a fast moving environment.
- Exceptional communication and team working.
- A pragmatic, get it done style.
- Migration experience from on-premises to cloud would be a plus
- Knowledge of High-availability techniques
- Knowledge of source control systems
- Atlassian product administration (JIRA & Confluence)